The tail lights in the Buick Regal are installed in the back of the trunk under the trunk carpeting for the owner’s convenience. Replacing the lights should only take a few minutes and there are no tools required for this task. The replacement lights can be purchased at any automotive parts store or any location that sells automotive lights. You can consult your owner’s manual for the correct bulb numbers. If you do not have the owner’s manual, there is a reference catalog at the auto parts store. This catalog will tell you the part number for every bulb your Buick Regal takes.
1. Open the trunk to access the tail light assembly. Look under the trunk latch receiver for a trunk liner.
2. Locate the two black plastic screws by the netting along the back of the trunk. (Back of the car) Loosen the screws with your fingers. This will loosen the fabric along the wall.
3. Unscrew the socket with your fingers, behind the defected light. Pull out once it is loosened.
4. Pull the bulb out of the socket with your fingers. Push new bulb in to the socket.
5. Screw the socket back in to the trunk wall with your fingers. Push in and turn until it stops.
6. Align the fabric along the back wall. Turn the screws against the back of the trunk wall until it is secure against the wall.
7. Start the car to ensure the lights are working properly. Close the trunk.
Tips: The part number for this bulb is T 3057 and can be requested at any parts store.